Cucina Pasta-bilities - The Best Valentine's Day Meal February 13 2017, 0 Comments
Love is in the air! And one of the best ways to celebrate love is through delicious meals. We have an authentic Italian Wedding Soup recipe that is warm, comforting, and appropriately named for Valentine's Day!
So gather with your loved one and enjoy a nice bowl of Italian Wedding Soup! Happy Valentine's Day!
For the Meatballs -
- 8 oz ground beef
- 8 oz ground pork
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1.2 cup bread crumbs (1 slice fresh bread, crust trimmed, and torn into small chunks)
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano, grated
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- Ground pepper
For the Soup:
- 1 lb. escarole
- 10 cups chicken stock/broth
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Other diced vegetables to your preference
1. In a large bowl, combine onion, bread crumbs, parsley, egg, garlic, and salt and pepper. Stir in ground meat and cheese until well combined.
2. Using your hands or a teaspoon, shape the meat into 1-inch balls.
3. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for about 30 minutes, until cooked through and lightly browned.
4. For the soup, heat the olive oil in a deep soup pot. Add the onion and escarole (and other vegetables) and saute until tender, about 6 or 8 minutes.
5. Add the chicken stock and white wine and bring to a boil.
6. Add the pasta to the boiling broth and cook until nearly tender, about 5 minutes.
7. Add the meatballs and let simmer for a few minutes to let the flavors blend.
8. Ladle into bowls and serve with more grated Pecorino Romano.