Pumpkin Risotto September 09 2014, 0 Comments
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 jars Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin sauce
- ¼ cup Cucina Antica Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 cups warm water
- 1¾ cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1½ cups diced pumpkin or firm squash, cut into ¼" cubes
- 2 cups fresh baby arugula or escarole, washed and chopped
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- ⅓ cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the broth, mix one jar of Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin sauce and 6 cups of warm water in a stockpot. Bring to simmer, then set aside. In separate pot, heat Cucina Antica Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium heat, then add rice and diced pumpkin. Stir until rice is coated with olive oil. Add the white wine, stirring continuously until it is absorbed by the rice. Add the broth ½ cup at a time in the same fashion, letting the rice fully absorb the broth before adding more.
After 20 to 25 minutes of total cook time, the rice should be al dente. Finish by stirring in the second jar of Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce, arugula, mozzarella, half of the grated Pecorino Romano cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Spoon into pre-warmed bowls and sprinkle with the remaining Pecorino Romano cheese. Serve immediately.