Fruit Salad with Cranberry Sauce and Olive Oil Chocolate Dressing September 01 2015, 0 Comments
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 tbsp. Cucina Antica Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Cucina Antica Cranberry Sauce
- 1 to 2 cups of water
- 6 oz. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 6 oz. strawberries, sliced
- 6 oz. blueberries
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 medium sized tangerines or clementines, peeled and separated
- 1 cup almonds, thinly sliced and toasted
- Other fruit as desired
Slice all fruits and place in a large mixing bowl. Save bananas for last so they don't brown. In a medium saute pan, bring about one inch of water to a simmer. Place a heat safe bowl over the the pan so that it rests on the edges of the pan but does not touch the water. Add semi-sweet mini chocolate chips and stir gradually with a spatula. When the chocolate is mostly melted but a few chips remain whole, remove the bowl from the heat.
Gradually stir in Cucina Antica Imported Extra Virgin Olive Oil until chocolate becomes very thin and drizzles off the spoon when spoon is lifted. Add Cucina Antica Cranberry Sauce to the bowl of fruit and mix thoroughly. Plate fruit mixture and top with toasted almonds. Drizzle chocolate-olive oil glaze over entire fruit salad. Serve with a glass of dessert wine or sparkling punch.