Zuppa di Pesce January 25 2016, 0 Comments
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 jar Cucina Antica Tomato Basil sauce
- 2 cups white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced + 1 whole clove
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes
- Thick slices country bread
- 1-2 lbs. fish and shellfish of your choice. Suggestions:
- 8 to 10 mussels, scrubbed, bearded and rinsed
- 8 to 10 jumbo shrimp or giant crayfish
- 8 razor clams
- 4 oz. bay scallops
In a large pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic, celery, onion and red pepper flakes and simmer until onion is translucent. Stir in Cucina Antica Tomato Basil pasta sauce, wine, and cherry tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add the scallops, shellfish, and other fish. Cover and allow to come to a boil again.
Reduce heat, uncover, and simmer about 5 to 6 minutes, until shellfish have opened. If you desire a soupier mixture, pour in the chicken stock at this point and allow to simmer.
Meanwhile, toast the bread until golden brown (about 10 minutes). While still hot, rub with a whole clove of garlic (add butter if desired). Lay 1 slice on the bottoms of 4 to 6 bowls. Ladle the fish over the slices of bread, then ladle tomato sauce broth. Garnish with parsley.