Chard and Tuscany Pumpkin Lasagna August 05 2016, 0 Comments
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups sage infused Béchamel sauce (recipe follows)
- 1 jar Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce
- 1½ cups ricotta cheese
- A big bunch of red Swiss chard, quick boiled to soften and release acids
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, coarsely shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Remove excess moisture from the chard and cut into 1 inch pieces. Set aside.
- In the bottom of a 9x13x2” baking pan, spread evenly ⅔ cup of Béchamel sauce. Arrange 4 noodles over top, slightly overlapping..
- Top with ¼ of Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce and place ¼ of ricotta cheese over top. Spread ¼ of the chard over the ricotta cheese and pour another ⅔ cup of Béchamel sauce on top.
- Repeat until all the lasagna noodles are layered. After pouring the last layer of Béchamel sauce, sprinkle the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese on top.
Sage Infused Béchamel Sauce:
Makes 4 cups
4 cups milk
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons all purpose flour
A sprig of sage
Salt and pepper
Freshly grated nutmeg
- Place the milk and sage in a medium saucepan and bring to simmer. Remove from the heat and let stand for about 10 minutes. Discard the leaves and pour the milk into a heatproof container and set aside.
- Clean the saucepan.
- Over low heat, melt the butter in the saucepan and add the flour a small mount at a time, stirring quickly. Bring to a slow bubble for a few minutes
- Raise to medium heat, then add the sage-infused milk and whisk until smooth.
- Let the sauce thicken slightly, then season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg to taste.
Recipe adapted from GoBoRoot.com by Emi Uchida