3/4 cup Cucina Antica Cranberry Sauce
4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup unsalted butter, cut into cubes and chilled
2/3 cup buttermilk, cold
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. heavy cream (and more for serving)
1 tbsp. sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, spices, baking powder, abking soda, and salt. Use a pastry blender or two knives to cut the butter cubes until the mixture resembles a coarse meal and the largest butter chunks are the size of peas.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, pumpkin, and vanilla until smooth. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined.
4. Turn the scone dough out onto a gently floured surgace and knead the dough about five times to combine. Add the Cucina Antica Cranberry Sauce to the middle, and fold.
5. Cut in half and freeze one for later.
6. Cut into 8 equal wedges with a knife, then transfer each scone wedge to your prepared baking shseet. . Brush the top of each scone with heavy cream and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake the scones until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Cool before serving and serve with whipped cream and cranberry sauce!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
JOIN OUR Newsletter
Don't miss out on the chance to bring authentic Italian flavor into your home!
Our newsletter features special product promotions, sales and unique recipes specially-created using our sauces.