Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ lb hot Italian sausage
- ½ onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 jar of Cucina Antica La Vodka
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 oz mozzarella cheese grated
- 12 manicotti pasta cooked al dente
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non stick spray, set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add ground beef, Italian sausage, onions and garlic. Cook until meat mixture is browned and cooked thoroughly.
- Drain grease and return to pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over meat mixture, stir.
- Pour la vodka sauce into pan, stir. Cover and let simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- While meat mixture is simmering, cook pasta al dente (cooked but still firm). Drain, rinse with cool water and set aside.
- Once meat mixture has finished simmering, pour into a large mixing bowl and let cool a bit.
- Take some of the meat mixture and spoon into the bottom of the baking dish prior to adding the manicotti, just enough to cover the bottom of pan.
- When meat mixture has cooled off just a bit, add ricotta cheese and stir until mixed well.
- Next, sprinkle parmesan cheese over meat, stir and then add ½ the grated mozzarella cheese into meat mixture. Stir until the cheese is melted and is well incorporated.
- Gently spoon mixture into each manicotti and place into baking dish.
- Continue stuffing the manicotti until your baking dish is full
- When all the manicotti pasta has been stuffed and placed in a baking dish, top with remaining mozzarella cheese, cover with foil, and cook for 45 minutes.
Remove foil and cook for 5-10 more minutes and then remove from oven and enjoy!