Pumpkin and Broccoli Rabe Cannelloni October 06 2016, 0 Comments
Watch our quick and easy recipe videos on Instagram and Facebook!
- 10 sheets of lasagna, cooked
- 2 ½ tbsp butter, divided
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups broccoli rabe, chopped
- 1 cup ricotta
- ¾ cup Parmigiano-Reggiano – freshly grated
- 1 egg
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs sage
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jar Cucina Antica Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce
- Boil water in large pot and cook lasagna sheets until al dente. Remove and let dry on clean kitchen towel.
- Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp olive oil in saute pan over medium heat. Add broccoli rabe and saute until leaves are tender and bright green, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reheat saute pan with remaining butter and olive oil. Saute garlic until golden brown, then add sage leaves and saute for another minute, until wilted. Add broccoli rabe and stir until combined. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl combine add ricotta, ½ cup Parmigano-Reggiano, egg, salt and pepper. Add greens and mix until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Slice each lasagna sheet in half, height-wise so that you have 2 squares. Place 1 tbsp of filling on the bottom end and roll to seal cannelloni. Repeat with remaining lasagna sheets.
- Coat the bottom of a casserole dish with Tuscany Pumpkin Sauce, about half a jar. Line cannelloni in the casserole dish, on top of the sauce, then top with remaining Pumpkin Sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmigianno-Reggiano and bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes.