Tikka Masala March 16 2016, 0 Comments
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. finely grated ginger
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne
- 1 tbsp. finely grated ginger
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 jar Cucina Antica La Vodka Sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro plus additional sprigs for garnish
- Naan and/or cooked Basmati Rice
In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, 4 tsp ginger, lemon juice, and garlic. Rub the marinade over the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for one hour up to overnight.
Preheat broiler. Line baking sheet with foil and arrange chicken on sheet. Broil until chicken starts to blacken in spots (it will not be fully cooked), about 10 minutes. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a small bowl, whisk together the coriander, cumin, cinnamon, cardamom, cilantro, nutmeg, paprika, cayenne, and ginger. Sauté the onion in a large pot for about 3 minutes over medium heat. Stir in the spice and ginger mixture and Cucina Antica La Vodka Sauce. Bring the sauce to a boil. Add chicken and lower to a simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes. Serve with rice and cilantro sprigs.